Attending the Uglydoll ceramics release/signing at GR2
Cutest Chewbaccas ever!
Foster by Super7 (sold out)
Spicy Brown‘s latest Sushi Neko tank
Mameshibas with little mustaches
Uglydoll Wind Up toys – Babo does a backwards flip!
More photos available at my Flickr.
This is how crazy it was on Sunday, and the floor remained packed throughout the entire time. Currently I’m broke, exhausted, and fighting the Con Flu. However, I did get lots of cool stuff for myself and others.
The first things we bought on Preview Night were the new Smell-Me Marshalls at Rotofugi‘s booth. I got Strawberry; my boyfriend got a Chocolate and Strawberry.
We both bought Gumdrops, also by 64 Colors. (I bought an extra Gumdrop for an upcoming giveaway so stay tuned!)
The new handmade plushes by Fat Rabbit Farm turned out so well. They only had a handful left on Sunday, so I got one of each design.
Leslie Levings hand-screened her new Beastlies t-shirts. All of the designs looked great!
Stinky Poo & T.P. are friends forever! I love this plush set by Bored Inc.
It was such a pleasure to finally meet Martin Hsu, who is as nice as one would expect. My boyfriend and I each picked up his book “Multigrain” which is full of amazing art. Also, I got a Puffer Puss t-shirt. #TeamPufferPuss
I’ve finally finished packing, and we’ll be heading to San Diego this afternoon. For the first time, we’ll be attending all four days plus Preview Night.
I will not be blogging from SDCC, but you can check in with me on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. Updates may be sporadic depending on the amount of fun I’m having. There are a few panels that I must visit this year!
In the meantime, Supahcute.com will be taking a short vacation until I return. Hope you miss me!
Previous SDCC 2011 Posts:
Can you smellllll what 64 Colors is cooking? Well, soon you’ll be able at Rotofugi’s booth #4736 where you’ll see the debut of scented Marshalls! Smell-Me Marshall will be available in Chocolate, Strawberry and Marshmallow scents, all with the “Original” happy Marshall graphics (but with a new back print that says “Smell Me” in kanji). I want them all!!
In a one-two punch of cuteness, we may also see the debut of Gumdrop, Marshall’s gummy confectionary best friend! Standing at 2 inches tall, Gumdrop is a special Limited Edition Glow in the Dark vinyl.
Both products are on their way to San Diego from the factory, so they should be available at SDCC. But they’re not making any promises. Prices on both are still being determined.
To top off the great news, 64 Colors will be available for a signing on Saturday from 11am – noon at Rotofugi’s booth #4736.
Every year I see blog posts with tips and guidance on “surviving” San Diego Comic-Con. This year I’m writing a guide just for myself, because I like to follow my own advice.
1. Take more photos of awesome cosplayers. I took this picture on the last day of SDCC 2010, and I’m so glad I did. I spend so much time looking at booths that I forget about all of the great and not-so-great cosplayers around me. This year will be different!
2. Take less photos of the studio booths. Why did I take so many pictures of the TRON Legacy booth last year? Why did I have to fight the crowd to get a clean shot of the light cycle? The movie wasn’t even that great.
3. Take a break once in a while. Just accept that you won’t have time to see and do everything you want to do. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the time that you’re spending with your SDCC companions.
4. Food! Bring snacks without preservatives. You can only eat so many bags of Sun Chips. I know those Mrs. Field’s Cookies kiosks are horribly overpriced, but when you need a sugar rush, they are freaking delicious!
5. Comfort is key. Wear running shoes, not Chucks.
6. Accept that some con-goers will be stinky. Sorry, but there’s no way around that one.
7. Repeat after me: I will not stand in line for useless swag!!
More on SDCC 2011: